- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
Compact and lightweight, the black Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Digital Camera makes a suitable everyday companion for those who want both an easy-to-use and highly capable camera system. With built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth, the 24.2MP APS-C camera makes it easy to share your snaps and videos almost immediately after you take them. For those looking to expand their photography skills this camera is a great stepping off point as it has a Creative Assist feature that can walk you through how certain settings affect your image. Or, if you simply want to capture your grand adventures with your friends, a Self Portrait mode is available for making use of the 180° tilt ability of the 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD.
Photographers who desire a compact and powerful camera will appreciate the performance of the M100 as it boasts a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 7 processor to produce sharp, rich imagery at sensitivities up to ISO 25600. Shooters will also benefit from the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system to provide fast, accurate focusing while shooting both stills and video. Speed is also a highlight with continuous shooting at up to 4 fps with AF or up to 6.1 fps with AF lock. Beyond stills, the M100 has the ability to record high-quality video at up to 60 fps.
Included with the camera body is the standard zoom EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range. The STM stepping motor delivers quick, quiet autofocus performance and the Optical Image Stabilizer compensates for 3.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. The lens’ optical design also incorporates a trio of aspherical elements to control chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for sharper, clearer image quality.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0″ touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a 180° upward tilting design to better enable working from various shooting angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Through the use of an optional adapter, the M100 is able to work with EF and EF-S mount lenses.
- Creative Assist lets you adjust settings and preview the effects in real time. Personalized settings can be stored for quickly replicating a look, and imagery from other photographers can be imported into the M100 and have the specific exposure settings displayed in order for you to replicate the look and learn how different settings affect the results.
- Benefitting from the 180° tilting touchscreen LCD, a Self-Portrait Mode allows you to make in-camera enhancements to your selfies. Adjustments include smoothing skin tones, blurring the background, and modifying the overall brightness of the scene. A customizable self-timer can also be set in this mode to give you the right amount of time to prepare for your shot.