Feiyu G6 Max Overview
A more advanced follow up to the G6 Plus, the G6 Max from Feiyu supports up to 2.6 lb—so, cameras like the a7S can be mounted—yet it weighs only 1.5 lb, in the G6 tradition, allowing for easier maneuvering. There’s a sliding quick release plate for efficient camera attachment, and an action cam adapter as well as a smartphone adapter are also included, hence the three-in-one aspect of the gimbal.
Although a compact and lightweight model, the G6 Plus still offers top features such as an OLED display and the continually rotating Inception mode, which is accessible via just a single button press and can be set up to rotate at virtually any angle. The gimbal is also splash-proof, and this will be useful in many of your activities with an action camera, among other applications.
The tilt range is 280°, roll range 330°, and pan range a full 360°. The camera mounting platform can also be switched to portrait mode for applications such as selfie capture and vlogging. The battery is built-in and provides around nine hours of operation, depending on your payload. The battery is rechargeable via an onboard USB Type-C port.
Select cameras can be synced up with the gimbal via the companion Feiyu ON app over built-in Wi-Fi to allow various capture, zoom, and focusing functions from the app. Supported cameras include select Canon, Panasonic, Sony, GoPro, and other models. Select Panasonic and Sony cameras can also be connected to the gimbal’s USB Type-C port via included cables for control directly from the gimbal buttons. Please see the Feiyu website for a full camera compatibility list for both control types.
- 2.6 lb payload; compact and lightweight at only 1.5 lb
- Sliding quick release plate for camera attachment
- Includes smartphone and action camera adapters
- OLED display
- 280° tilt, 330° roll, and 360° pan
- Switchable to portrait mode for selfies, vlogging, and other applications
- Up to 9-hour built-in battery
- Select camera control via companion iOS/Android app
- Camera control using onboard buttons via connection over included control cables
- Time-lapse modes
- Inception mode
- 3-axis motor lock for easier balancing and storage