FUJIFILM SQ20 Overview
Offering a true mixture of digital and film, the black Fujifilm instax SQUARE SQ20 is a hybrid digital camera capable of outputting square-format, 2.4 x 2.4″ instax SQUARE prints. By recording digitally, you are able to print whichever images you want, whenever you want, and as many times as you want. This digital shooting workflow also allows you to apply filters and creative effects to images prior to printing them, and can be used to record up to 15 seconds of video and then print a chosen moment. Besides the unique hybrid capture-to-print technology, this camera is also characterized by its symmetrical and stylish physical design with dual shutter buttons, a central 33.4mm f/2.4 equivalent lens, built-in flash, and a rear 2.7″ 230k-dot LCD for image composition and printing setup.
- Hybrid instant camera combines convenient digital image capture with traditional instant film output. This method allows you to shoot freely and print whenever desired, or reprint an image as many times as desired.
- Accepts instax SQUARE instant film to produce 2.4 x 2.4″ square images on a 3.4 x 2.8″ sheet.
- Reprints are possible for up to the last 50 recorded images.
- Video recording is possible in the unique 800 x 800 format at 15 fps; audio recording is not available.
- Fixed 33.4mm-equivalent lens offers a versatile wide-angle perspective and the f/2.4 aperture is well-suited for working in a variety of lighting conditions. The lens also affords a 3.1″ minimum focusing distance for working with close-up subjects and a 4x digital zoom function narrows the field of view for a telephoto-like look.
- Rear 2.7″ 230k-dot LCD monitor is used for composing imagery as well as reviewing photos and navigating the printing menu.
- Small selfie mirror is built into the front of the lens design for accurately composing self-portraits.
- Rounded, symmetrical body design and central lens placement is easy to handle and the body incorporates dual right and left shutter release buttons.
- Central built-in flash provides additional illumination when working in low-light conditions.
- Rear command dial affords intuitive control and menu navigation for adjusting the printing settings.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery is used to power the camera, and supports printing up to approximately 100 images per charge. It can be charged via USB in approximately 3-4 hours.
- Internal memory holds approximately 50 still images and a microSD/SDHC memory card slot can be used to expand storage capacity.
Shooting Modes and Image Effects
- Frame Grab mode allows you to record up to 15 seconds of video and then choose the best moment of the video to print as a still frame.
- Time Shift Collage records four images with one press of the shutter, with a user-determined interval between 0.2 and 2 seconds. The four images are then compiled into a grid on a single print.
- Double exposure and bulb shooting modes can be used to produce creative composite and long exposure images.
- Split mode allows you to place multiple images onto a single print, with the option to segment the print in vertical halves, horizontal thirds, divided into four, or divided into nine.
- Collage mode also lets you place multiple images onto a single print, but the print layout can be divided up at random and in non-symmetrical designs.
- Sequence filter, which is used for movie recording, can be used to portray a strong sense of movement in the resulting printed image.
- Filters for stills and movies: Cornelius, Monochrome, Luna, Immerse, Amber, Marmalade, Martini, Sepia, Roppongi, Highline, and Partial Color (R/O/Y/G/B/P).
- Filters for stills only: Nostalgic and Skin Brightening.
- Filters for movies only: Sequence, Retro, and Film Frame.
- Vignette and Brightness Control settings let you apply a vignetting effect or lighten/darken your image.