Moza Mini-MI Overview
Keep your shoots creative and on the move with the lightweight Mini-MI Gimbal for Smartphones from Moza with a three-axis gimbal, fast startup, and wireless phone charging. The gimbal mount fits phones from 2.4 to 3.6″ wide, and the unit can be launched with the gimbal arm on the left or right side.
While shooting, the Mini-MI can be powered by an external USB power source via its 5V 2A micro-USB port, and the camera mount features a wireless charging plate that can simultaneously charge a supported smartphone while shooting. The built-in 2100mAh lithium-ion battery has a maximum runtime of approximately ten hours.
The three-axis gimbal has 165° pitch, 310° roll, and 360° yaw which helps create sweeping panoramas. The gimbal’s motion can be controlled through eight follow modes for smooth, professional tracking shots, as well as allowing for manual control so you can choose the right position for your scene. You can also use Sport Gear mode to follow a fast-moving car without losing frames, Inception mode for a complex Dutch tilt-and-pan motion, or use the one-key functions for instant re-center or 180° flip for selfies.
The downloadable Moza Genie smartphone app for your iOS or Android phone provides access to camera control, settings, and various shooting modes such as photo, slow-motion, time-lapse, hyper-lapse, object-tracking, zoom, and panorama modes. The app also allows you to select a “professional” mode in the settings to manually adjust shutter, focus, ISO, exposure, and white balance.
The Mini-MI provides four standard 1/4″-20 mounting threads to add a variety of accessories such as microphones and lights, and you can use one on the handgrip bottom for mounting on a tripod or extension rod. A micro-USB cable and a mini-tripod are included.
- Lightweight, three-axis gimbal; 165° pitch, 310° roll, and 360° yaw.
- Launches quickly and can be used with gimbal arm on left or right side.
- Eight follow modes including: all-locked, yaw-follow, roll-follow, pitch-follow, all-follow, roll-pitch follow, roll-yaw follow, and yaw-pitch follow.
- One-key re-center and one-key selfie/180° settings.
- Accessible joystick and dial wheel on handle provide simple control.
- The built-in 2100mAh lithium-ion battery lasts approximately ten hours.
- Gimbal can charge via an external source through a 5V 2A micro-USB port during shooting, and the phone mount can wirelessly power a supported smartphone.
- Smartphones supported by Moza Genie app include the iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus, Huawei Mate 10, and Samsung Galaxy (not all smartphones support wireless charging).
- Control settings and functions with Moza Genie app such as photo, slow-motion, time-lapse, hyper-lapse, object-tracking, zoom, and panorama modes. A “professional” mode allows access to manual shutter, focus, ISO, exposure, playback, and white balance.
- Four 1/4″-20 female mounting threads for accessories.
- A micro-USB cable and a mini tripod are included.