Fujinon Lens XF10-24mm OIS R WR Mark II Overview
Sporting a revised physical design, the FUJIFILM XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS WR is a versatile wide-angle zoom now featuring robust weather sealing along with more intuitive handling. This 15-36mm-equivalent zoom is characterized by its constant f/4 maximum aperture and advanced optics, which utilize a series of extra-low dispersion and aspherical elements to correct both chromatic and spherical aberrations for high color accuracy, sharpness, and accurate rendering. A Super EBC coating also suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions. Benefitting the optics, an updated optical image stabilization system minimizes the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops for improved sharpness when shooting handheld and a stepping motor offers quick and quiet autofocus performance. Additionally, a reworked physical design includes slimmer focusing and aperture rings, a lockable ‘A’ position and f/stop scale, and the lens now sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design for working in harsh environments.
- Wide-angle zoom is designed for FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 15-36mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also helps to realize a relatively compact and lightweight design.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements are used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- Four aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor, along with an internal focusing design, affords fast and near-silent autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video applications.
- Optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops to better enable handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Updated physical design incorporates a locking ‘A’ position on the aperture ring, along with a labeled f/stop scale, and both the aperture and focus rings have been reduced in size to help lessen overall the weight by 0.9 oz compared to the previous version of this focal length.
- Weather-resistant design prevents dust and moisture from entering the lens and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.