- Load Capacity: 26.5 lb
- Max Height: 56.9″
- Min Height: 5.3″
- Folded Length: 14.6″
- Leg Sections: 5
- Weight: 3.1 lb
- Rapid/Reversible Center Column
- Retractable Spiked Feet
- Short Center Column for Low-Angle Shots
- Aluminium Alloy Material
The Sirui T-2005X 5-Section Aluminum Tripod is a very lightweight, compact tripod that extends to a maximum height of 56.9″ and folds down to just 14.6″ for easy transport. Weighing only 3.1 lb, the T-2005X supports loads up to 26.5 lb thanks to its thick upper leg sections and forged aluminum construction.
The T-2005X tripod is suitable for use with just about any head and any 35mm camera, DSLR, point & shoot, or camcorder. It’s an excellent travel model due to its relatively light weight and the fact that its legs fold upward to achieve a folded length of only 14.6″. That’s a figure that won’t necessarily grow if you attach a head – the legs extend past the height of many head models that you’ll mount, so the entire package stays very compact to fit comfortably in most carry-on bags and many backpacks.
The tripod’s center column is reversible, and the T-2005X comes with a short center column so that you can set up extremely close to the ground for ultra-low-angle shooting. With the short center column installed, you can set the legs at their wide angle (80°) and shoot from only 5.3″ from the ground.
- Forged aluminum results in stronger components than the traditional casting process that’s often used for tripod chassis. Forging leads to more compacted metal and enhances the integrity of metal grains so they remain consistent and continuous. This leads to a longer product life and better performance
- An anodizing surface treatment, produced by an electrolytic oxidation process to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts, is applied to increase corrosion & wear resistance and surface hardness, and to enhance color durability
- Silicone twist locks for leg stages
- Anti-leg rotation system makes setup faster
- Automatic leg-angle lock mechanism for speed and convenience – independently lock legs into place at two different angles
- Short center column allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions – minimum height of 5.3″
- Leg warmer on one leg facilitates handling in extreme weather conditions and helps protect it
- Center column hook allows you to add a ballast for a sturdier setup in windy conditions
- Well-designed padded travel bag with sturdy shoulder strap for carrying