Voigtlander Heliar-Hyper Wide 10mm f/5.6 Aspherical Lens for Leica-M Overview
Offering an incredibly wide field of view while maintaining a rectilinear design, the Heliar-Hyper Wide 10mm f/5.6 Aspherical Lens from Voigtlander is designed for 35mm film and full-frame digital M-mount cameras, and features an updated Heliar design to limit distortion and maintain consistent sharpness and illumination to suit mirrorless camera designs. Two aspherical elements are employed in the 13 elements, 10 groups optical design to control spherical aberrations and distortions throughout the aperture range. The lens also uses a manual focus design to permit fine-tuned control over focus placement, with a minimum focusing distance of 1.6′, and a built-in petal-style lens hood is also featured to reduce flare and ghosting, as well as protect the front lens element.
- Incredibly wide-angle 10mm f/5.6 lens provides a 130° angle of view and is compatible with full-frame digital and 35mm film M-mount cameras.
- Rectilinear (non-fisheye) design maintains straight lines toward the periphery of the frame for a more realistic portrayal of architectural and other geometrically complex subjects.
- Updated Heliar optical design helps to maintain consistent peripheral illumination, eliminate color fringing, and reduce distortion; making it ideal for use with mirrorless digital cameras.
- Two aspherical elements are featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations and improve clarity, sharpness, and resolution.
- Manual focus design permits smooth, refined control along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.6′.
- Built-in, non-removable lens hood helps to prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strongly lit conditions.
- Ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth quality of bokeh.