Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 Aspherical SE Lens for Sony E Overview
Featuring a refined design that is impressively sleek and lightweight, the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 Aspherical SE is a fast, compact, and versatile wide-angle prime for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Featuring an optimized optical design, two aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for impressive clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range. The lens is also defined by its bright f/1.2 maximum aperture, which benefits working with selective focus techniques, and also aids working in low-light conditions. Additionally, a 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality and the lens’s manual focus operation permits working with subjects as close as 11.8″ away.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.2 maximum aperture helps control depth of field for shallow depth of field shooting, and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce field curvature, distortion, and spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness.
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 11.8″.
- SE (Stills Edition) version features clicked aperture detents for more tactile control over aperture switching in 1/3-stop increments.
- A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Electronic contacts relay Exif information to the camera for accurate focus assist functions and metadata recording.