Voigtlander Ultron 35mmF2 Aspherical Lens Vintage Line Overview
Distinguished by its slim profile and vintage styling, the Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f/2 Aspherical is a versatile wide-angle prime for Leica M-mount rangefinder cameras. Its bright f/2 maximum aperture suits working in varying lighting conditions and also contributes to the overall sleek form factor. One aspherical element is used in the optical design, and helps to reduce spherical aberrations and control distortion in order to promote greater sharpness and accurate rendering throughout the aperture range. Additionally, its manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.6′ away, and the 10-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- One aspherical element is incorporated at the rear of the nine elements in seven groups construction, and helps to limit spherical aberrations and distortions.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in available light conditions and also enables greater control over focus position for selective focus applications.
- Manual focus design enables a minimum focusing distance of 1.9′, and it is rangefinder coupled for accurate focusing to 2.3′.
- Ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- As part of Voigtlander’s Vintage Line of lenses, this lens features a black and silver finish to give it a classic appeal, reminiscent of historic Voigtlander lenses, that is well-matched to classic rangefinder camera designs.
- Compatible with optional LH-12 and LH-4 lens hoods.