7Artisans 75mm F1.25 Leica Mount – Black Overview
Clearly distinguished by its speed, the 7artisans 75mm f/1.25 is an exceptionally fast portrait-length prime designed for Leica M-mount rangefinder cameras. Its longer-than-normal focal length suits isolating subjects from busy backgrounds, and the f/1.25 design helps to achieve a shallow depth of field. A Sonnar optical concept is employed, which promotes a high degree of sharpness and flare resistance, and advanced coating and polishing technologies also help to reduce flare for improved contrast. Balancing the optical merits, this lens’s manual focusing design affords a 2.6′ minimum focusing distance and a 13-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Short-telephoto 75mm focal length offers a slightly compressed image quality that is well-suited to portraiture and close-up images, especially when used in conjunction with the shallow depth of field afforded by the bright maximum aperture.
- Extremely fast f/1.25 maximum aperture affords notable control over depth of field for selective focus shooting, and also benefits handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- Sonnar optical concept yields a high degree of sharpness and well-controlled flare.
- Individual elements feature a multi-layer coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 2.6′ away.
- A 13-blade diaphragm produces a rounded and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Physical design of the lens incorporates several brass components for enhanced rigidity and durability.
- Engraved focus distance and depth of field scales benefit working with pre-focus and hyperfocal focusing techniques.